Graphic Design Vocabulary – General Terms 2

This has been an interesting journey for me, compiling words, terms and slang words for Graphic Design. So far we have seen vocabulary terms for the print aspect of graphic design, more printing terms and last week we started a new series on General Terms. In this journey I revised words that I learned years ago, just learned many new ones and re-use the ones that comes naturally.

Today, we will see more general terms for Graphic Design.

Graphic Design Vocabulary General Terms general terms 2b


I hope you are enjoying this journey as much as I’m enjoying and thanks for all the great comments. Keep them coming and come back next Monday for more.

4 replies
  1. @jpdesigntheory
    @jpdesigntheory says:

    You’d be surprised how many people truly don’t know the correct terminology when they try to describe work they want done for their website or graphic design projects. It can save a lot of time and money when both clients and designers are on the same page when it comes to terminology.

  2. Linsey
    Linsey says:

    This is a neat idea. I want to make a poster of printing terms. Like using the word bleed and placing it where a bleed would be. Crop marks, etc… it would be an experimental as far as placement goes, but still I neat idea and educational.

Comments are closed.